Monday, June 18, 2007

Dyeing Fabric

I dyed fabric this past weekend and a bit more today. I have a total of 50 yards and now I am washing and ironing the new fabrics.

Today the rain storm hit about 3:00pm so I had to move everything in side to cure. I will wash out this fabric tomorrow. I will have to wait until the afternoon because our water is being shut off to fix the water hydrant across the street.

Here are some photos of the fabric I did today.

I can not wait to see what this looks like. These are the left over dyes from the weekend.

Close up I dye fabric in gallon milk jugs. I label each jug and keep a log of the colors I am using.

These are a mix of left over dyes from the weekend.
I did not get to take any photos of the fabric after washing today because of the storm. I wanted to take the photos outside. I will do so tomorrow.

Debbi (email)
©2006 - 2007 DubiQuilts


Shirley Goodwin said...

Hoo! I want to see how those tie-dyed ones came out!

paula, the quilter said...

I can't wait. I love to see hand dyed fabric!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm eager to see, too! The shots of fabrics wrapped in rubber bands look like alien sea creatures rising up from the depths! Keep us posted. I'm envious of your rain there.... care to share? We are parched.

Quilt Pixie said...

great idea to use milk jugs! I've always used ballon pickle jars, but being glass I have to be careful not to drop them with wet slippery hands...

Linda_J said...

Looks like you were having fun there with the fabric! Hope they got some of that rain south of you. The grass in Lexington, Bloomington-Normal was turning crispy when I was back. Sorry we could not make connections to meet when I was back--I had harbored the idea of at least getting up to the 3K area to see my brother and his family but even that didn't work out. Never enough time to do it all.

Deb Geyer said...

Looks like fun!! Can't wait to see the outcome. I'm curious, what size fabric pieces do you dye int the mild jugs?