Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Love The Warm Weather

I have been spending most of my days outside basking is the sun, reading, painting fabric and going for a walk each morning. Did I say how much I love the warm weather here in Chicagoland. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started walking in April and I could only walk a few blocks. I started the Women Challenge on Mother's Day and my goal was 10,000 steps (five miles) a day. In the beginning I was able to do 7000 steps (about three miles) in the morning and the rest of the day I did other 3000 steps. This week I am up to 10,000 steps in the morning. The rest of the day I do about 2000 more steps just walking around my house. When I was sick it was so hard to walk and took all of my energy. This week I feel almost back to normal so I was very happy when I was able to add another lap around the park each day.

Here is some of the fabric I was sun printing. It did not turn out so good.
Once I cut up the fabric it will be perfect.
This is my pool. It is 3 feet high and 18 feet wide.
These are my friends, who I float on a raft with each day.
They are my best friends because they do not say
anything when I am in my swimming suit.

Debbi
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)
©2006 - 2007 DubiQuilts

7 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

I like your pool friends, too cute. :)

meggie said...

Love your pool friends! Everyone needs friends like those!
So glad you are feeling better.

Kay said...

It's perfect weather for sun printing. You reminded me-- Maybe I'll get some done today. Thanks!

Susan said...

Glad that you are having some good weather. The pool looks so inviting.

Good job on the walking. The walking part is not as hard as giving up the sewing time.

Laurie Ann said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Joanna said...

Love your pool buddies! I think your fabric looks great. I love bold colors.

Joanna

Rebekah Smith said...

I am still trying to get where I can walk a lot again. Honey and I used to go to trails all over but I can't at the moment. You have inspired me to keep trying. I love your pool friends. I bet they bring smiles to everyone.