Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Mess


My studio is in the dinning room and I do most of my work on the dinning room table. I have been making table runners and need the big cutting mat which does not fit on the dinning room table. So I opened the cutting table in the living room so I can use the big cutting mat. Now I have a BIG mess in the living room as well as the dinning room. I have been making Fall , Halloween, Christmas and Hanukkah table runners, place mats, coasters, and small quilts for old clients and new sales from my website. Because I have a small stock pile on hand I thought I could cut all the fabric in one week and return working in the dinning room. I also told my hubby and sons I would only have the cutting table in the living room for one week. That was three weeks ago and there is no end in sight.


I have been invited to do a small show the end of November so I need to increase production really fast. Now every chair and couch is covered with fabric, batting, templates and the cutting table is a mess. My hubby walked into the living room and said it looks like a production line in there. He is such a great guy and said nothing about the mess. My sons give me looks but they do not say a word. The dogs are not happy either but I did keep the chair by the window open so they can look out.


Debbi
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)
©2006 - 2007 DubiQuilts

7 comments:

meggie said...

Your family sound great! Nice of them to be indulgent with your passion. Good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment!

You have a very interesting blog. I don't do any quilts, but my mom does a lot, I'll show her your blog too.

I also like your Photo of the day and My motto sections.

Have a nice day.

Laurie Ann said...

That's what my place looks like when DH goes out of town. Fabric everwhere and I love it! Glad you are feeling well enough to dig in like that. Fun!

Jo Raines said...

It tends to billow out of control, doesn't it? Believe me, however, that is not a mess. Between my basement, my car (the mobile crafting unit as I call it) and the quilt shop, my many, various and sundry projects, stacks, boxes and bags are threatening to take over the world!

Susan said...

I have noticed that these projects take on a life of their own. You can move through them much faster this way. It takes way too much time to be too neat.

Tracey Petersen said...

Unfortunately I had a guest to dinner last week and had to clean up my quiting stuff from the table. It is slowly creeping back though!

Diana LaMarre said...

LOL, Debbie.
I think most quilters have homes that look like that unless we know someone is coming over! I've had to scramble more than once to get all the quilt pieces off the living room floor before company comes in.
Right now I am sitting amongst bags of fabric pieces and scraps all over the floor of my computer/sewing room.
It looks like you have accomplished a lot the past three weeks!