Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Monday, Jan 8th - Tuesday, Jan 15th

Because my blog is my journey in Quilts, Fiber Arts and Life I will be publishing posts recapping my trip to Pensacola, Florida with my son's NJROTC unit. This trip was so cool and I was able to do things that I have never done before and most likely will never do again so I need to keep a record of it.

I can not believe how fast the past week went by. I am getting better but I am still having chest pains but not as much as the past week. This past week I spent a lot of time thinking about my goals, my art and making plans for the year. The results of my thinking and planing the best I can do is take it one day at a time. One decision I am sure of is "this thing of ours" .


This year will be a pivotal year for me and my family.


  • I turn 51.

  • I will be returning to work full time.

  • My older son BB will be in his last year of college and making plans to join the Marines and going to OCS (Officers Candidate School).

  • My younger son JB will be in his last year of high school and making plans to attend the Naval Academy or NROTC in college.

  • My niece will turn 1.

  • My Mom will be gone two years.

  • My Sister and Brother's lives will also be full of changes.

  • and the biggest change is my marriage of 23 years has come to an end.

My family is the most important part of my life and the changes we are going through is devastating for all of us and my attention and love is on them.

Because of the changes in my life I have removed myself from all but one of the online groups that I belonged to. I am considering deleting my blog and website. I will be returning to work full time and I am not sure how much time I will be able to blog, sew, quilt, and just be artsy fartsy. I have a few commitments left over from last year and I will get those done this week.

I have not been able to catchup reading your blogs so I just marked them as read and will move on. I am also so far behind on emails and the ones I do not get to by end of the day will also be marked as read and filed away. If I missed anything that needs my attention please send me an email.

Debbi
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)
©2006 - 2008 DubiQuilts

14 comments:

Shelina said...

Oh Debbi, I am so sorry about all the stress that is in your life right now. You definitely should be taking extra care of yourself. Don't feel any pressure in blogging. Personally I would keep blogging so I have a place to whine and let off steam, and get some support, but you must do what is best for you.

Jess said...

2008 is going to be an incredible year for you, Debbi. A bright and shiny New Year.

I send you hugs, my friend. Be gentle with yourself.

Unknown said...

wow. that is an awful lot of changes for you! I do hope you keep your blog even if you only post once in a while. I am sending good thoughts and wishes for your year of change to be full of spectacular wonderful events!

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts as this diffcult year of transition happens. I am certain that you will learn your own strength and emerge on the other side with resilience that you didn't kow you had.

Deborah Levy said...

Debbi, I am sorry for the stresses in your life at this time. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I know that you will emerge from this challenge stronger than ever. I also know it will not be easy. But I will be here if you need me.

Sweet P said...

Your life is full of changes and adventures ahead. I do hope you keep your blog, only if you stop by once in a while. As Shelina said, it's a good place for whining and venting off steam.

Good luck with whatever you make for yourself.

atet said...

Debbi, hugs are coming to you from the general direction of the cornfields. You will face these challenges with the strength and courage you've shown here. Hang in there.

Leah Spencer said...

Wow! What a roller coaster ride. :( Hope things calm down for you. I wouldn't worry at all about the blogs and email catch up thing. Sometimes you gotta start anew.

Clare said...

Debbi - don't you dare up sticks and leave us! As Shelina said, it's a good place to let off steam and write out the angst.

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you a quilter's hug.

CONNIE W said...

I hope you continue to blog and I send you wishes for good things during this year. I've enjoying visiting your blog for some time now and reading what you share with us. Please stay, if you can. Hugs.

Kay said...

I'm sorry to hear about the stresses and sad changes, Debbi. Please keep blogging. We're all cheering for you, and can let your know if you keep in touch!

Tanya Brown said...

I am so sorry about the stress and less-than-pleasant changes. It can't be helping your physical issues.

I can relate to what you said regarding paring down online groups and other commitments. Sometimes life throws us a few too many curve balls and we simply have to pare things down and simplify. I, too, have been through the process of looking at things and saying "Self, it's time to get realistic. Some things are going to have to either stop entirely or get put on hold for awhile."

May I suggest, though, that unless there's a budget issue, you simply take a break from the blog and website and wait a couple of months to make a final decision on them? You're going through some mighty big things, what with your chest pains, your marriage ending, returning to work full time, and heaven knows what else. It may take a little time for the dust to settle. When it does, you may indeed find that you were were right in your initial assessment. On the other hand, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Regardless, I and many others will be checking in to see how you are as long as your blog is here. If you need emotional support or to blow off steam, we'll be here.

Juryizstillout said...

Yeah, that's true. We're not going anywhere. We'll be here. You just take care of you.

Diana LaMarre said...

Debbi,
My thoughts are with you in this time of turmoil.