Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where and What I am Working On

This is where I was sewing today. I am using my Mom's Janome Harmony 2049 sewing machine. It has 23 built in stitches, is light weight and easy to move for meals. It is not as good as my Janome Embroidery machine but will work in a pinch.
These eights block are for the Tu B'shevat trade that I am doing. The tree shapes are from leaves I used in a quilt that I did when I took a class from Frieda Anderson. I am going to do a small amount of machine stitching tomorrow and then the blocks will be mailed to my trade sisters.


Debbi
Proud Parent of a U.S. Marine and U.S. Army Soldier
©2006 - 2009 DubiQuilts

5 comments:

Clare said...

Great to see you sewing again!

Kay said...

This is a wonderful quilt, Debbi. Those leaves/trees have a second life too, don't they?

Michele Bilyeu said...

How cool are those! And how wonderful to see you sewing again, indeed! It just goes to show that you can sew anywhere, with any kind of supplies and still make beautiful fabric art! You continue to inspire all of us!

julieQ said...

I love your closing statement...be sure and tell your son congratulations and thank you!! I am so glad you are getting to enjoy a little sewing.

Anonymous said...

Why does that "studio" look familiar?