Friday, October 13, 2006

6 inch Leaf Blocks for Wall Hangings


I made these blocks from the leftover scraps from the Quilt 1 hours a day project. I am going to use 4 blocks in each wall hangings. Some how I ended up with 1 extra block. I will have to make 3 more.

Today I will get back to making more blocks for the 1 hour project. Over the weekend if time permits I will be sewing the rows together.
















This is Max standing on my Singer Sewing Machine looking out the window. My Mom raised Max with a cat. Max thinks he is a cat and can jump and walk on all the furniture. He is so cute I can not yell at him to get down.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Max is delightful.... Is he a Jack Russell. They can be great jumper and climbers....... So full of spirit and energy...........

Now, about these 6 inch blocks...How do you do that?

Laurie Ann said...

Max is very handsome. Do the other dogs look at him like "how'd he get up there?" Is he adapting well with your Mom gone? Dogs usually adapt pretty easily, especially when they've got lots of love like you are obviously giving him.

Cynthia said...

what a good idea using the leftover fabrics to make the wallhangings.

Angie said...

Oooh, I love that setting! What a great idea! And Max is adorable...and your other post about when you brought your Mom's car home and he thought she was there....welll, I cried with you....I'm so sorry for your loss.

PaMdora said...

Oh he's a doll! I wish I could bring my dog into my studio, but she gets bored after about five minutes and would rather stay up front where she can see out of the front glass door. (I don't have windows in my studio). But it's probably better because I haven't taught her not to lay on my fabric, and if I have some on the floor, she thinks it's a cozy dog bed! Thanks for your comments on my blog today!