Part of hand stitched name and flower.
Back with pocket for copies of important papers and photos.
Here are the steps to making this journal:
1) Scanned scrapbooking paper and downloaded to Photoshop Elements. Changed some of the colors with Photoshop and printed on Printed Treasures Sew-On Inkjet Fabric Sheets. Fused the back of these sheets with Wonder Under. Cut and fused together to create a 12 X 12 background. Fused Top to cotton batting.
2) Fused Wonder Under to my hand dye fabrics. Cut tree and leaves shapes fused to background. Hand stitched background around of tree and leaves with 3 strands of blue variegated floss. Free hand machine stitched the tree trunk and branches. Drew lines on leaves with black, brown and rust Micron Pigma pen.
3) Stitch names on cross stitch fabric with 3 strands of orange variegated floss. Fused to back of cross stitch fabric and fused to background. Stitch 4 corners with 3 strands of black floss. Glued on cotton flower.
4) Printed name list on my hand dye fabrics. Fused to background.
5) Sewed fabric pocket to right side of back. Fused top with batting to back.
6) Fused binding and machine stitched.
7) I need to print label and fuse to back.
Each month I wanted to learn and use new techniques. This month the new techniques I used are scanning scrapbooking paper and changing the colors in Photoshop, printing on Printed Treasures Fabric Sheets, hand quilting with floss, using Wonder Under and doing a fusible binding. The most important technique was I FINISHED A QUILT.
Have A Great Day!