Thursday, January 11, 2007

Small Steps

I am moving very slow with my 12 X 12 X 12 January Journal Quilt. Each month I wanted to try new techniques and with the holidays I did not start my journal until the beginning of January. I am not sure I will finish by my reveal date but that is OK with me.

I have completed 10 red string blocks and have 10 blue blocks to go. I am really enjoying making these blocks because it gives my mind a time out break. After I finish the 20 blocks for the Heartstring Quilt Project I am going to continue making blocks and will save them for later. I hated having UFOs and now I do not mind having them.



Last night was the Parents Meeting and Awards Night for my sons NJROTC unit. My son and his cadet mate just received awards for participation in unit activities. They both are standing at attention and I asked them to smile.

Have A Great Day and Have Fun!

Debbi

7 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

Your string blocks are so pretty! Love that fun cow print in there ;c) It is amazing at how relazing these can be to make - I call them "stressfree sewing" and save them for doing on what I call my "Fun Friday" :c) ~Bonnie

Susan said...

I haven't tried the string blocks yet. Perhaps it is the unplanned nature of them that holds me back. I will be looking into the heartstrings project.

Great picture of your son and his friend......... Like the smile..VBG

meggie said...

Lovely pic of your son & mate.
I love those bright heart string blocks. I have never tried those!

Laurie Ann said...

I haven't gotten a chance yet, but I am itching to get some of those blocks made and mailed off.

Cynthia said...

your blocks look great. The photo of your son and his friend is lovely.

Sue said...

Dont the kids look so smart.The mother is very talented as well. I just love the blocks.

Granny Fran said...

String blocks are so satisfying to look at somehow. I just love them. Maybe it's the element of surprise as well as all the colors.