Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday Is Almost Over, Five Minutes Left

Today I played in the pool and read outside for most of the day. I know I have said this before but I love this weather. When I think summer is almost over and soon I will be taking the pool down for the winter I get very sad. It is not that I do not like fall or winter, it is just summer is my favorite time of the year.

I have more ideas for sun printing and I have been collection leaves from the flowers and trees in back yard. I also have an idea for an art quilt with photos from around my house. I am going to start taking photos this weekend.

I want to do some over dyeing of commercial fabrics I have in my stash. Has anyone done this? How did you do it? How did it turn out?

Now is it 12:01am so I am going to say bye until later.

Debbi
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)
©2006 - 2007 DubiQuilts

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too. I love summer and all the days that the sun shines.

I have overdyed before. I just used the normal process. I found it a bit hit and miss because I wasn't quite sure of the result. I like working like that, so it didn't worry me.

Michele Bilyeu said...

You've been working so very hard lately...you deserved a little day of relaxation. Having said that...I still can't wait to see what you'll be up to next ;) Love your fabrics, your incredible sense of design and your beautiful projects!

CONNIE W said...

I agree with what quilting journey wrote. You are an inspiration to us regarding your dying techniques. Happy Weekend.