Saturday, January 17, 2009

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today on Thursday, January 17, 2008 I underwent Angioplasty and Stenting of the Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery of my heart. I do not remember much of the day which I am sure is because of the medications I was given.

Today as I reflect on that day I keep wondering how did someone invent angioplasty and stenting. How many people died because it did work and how many people are alive because it did work. Who ever invented angioplasty and stenting THANK-YOU!!

Debbi
Proud Parent of a U.S. Marine and U.S. Soldier
©2006 - 2008 DubiQuilts

2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

So many of us come here, we read your words, we look at the beautiful things you do, make and are...and all we can think or say is 'thank you', too. Thank you that there are medical interventions that improve and save lives and thank you that there are beautiful people like you to be alive because of them. You are loved by so many...that is obvious, and you are appreciated and blessed by all of the rest of us...keep hanging in there and doing what you do. You are sure meant to be here for a very special reason!!! hugs from Michele in Oregon

Sara said...

It's been a rough time - but, you certainly have been strong!!! And, I am glad you are doing so well.