Tuesday, February 21, 2006

MRI - Not So Good News

The MRI results are in and it is not good. The first of two surgerys will be this Friday. The first surgery will repair the LCL and Meniscus. The second surgery will be six week later and the ACL will be reconstructed. Rehab will be eight months. Hopefully BB will be ready for the gymnastics season next year. The first surgery will be at the university hospital with two doctors. BB will come home with us for a few days, so mom and dad can take care of him. He says he wants too go to the meet on Saturday and then back to school on monday. He is very strong and I bet he will. I would like to take him to his classes in the car. Walking on crutches in the cold weather is not nice. The wind blowing off the lake makes it so much colder. He says he can do it by himself. Oh well I'm just a mom and I have to let him do it.

I am going to work on a new quilt with the 2 1/2 square I have been cutting. I finished scanning all the squares. I have both store bought and my hand dyed fabrics to use. I will be take pictures as work to keep tract of the process.

Have a great day!

Deb

2 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Sounds like your son is being pretty positive about the whole knee thing. Heh... if it were me, I might have been having a pity party or two. Especially if it were my right knee. Gotta drive and sew. ;)

It's still nice to get a few days with him, even though it's not the best circumstances.

Sara said...

Sorry the news is not as great as you wanted - but your son really has a great attitude!

Please do post pictures of the 2-1/2 inch quilt as you go along - I am wanting to see what that ends up looking like.