Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gymnastics JV Season Is Over With A Bang

The JV team finished the season as Second Place Conference Champions. There are a total of 11 teams in our conference so they did great. The teams are lining up before the meets starts.

JB finished in 6th place out of 50 places on rings. You can see the air cast on JB's right ankle. He hurt his ankle on Monday doing a dismount on the rings. There was no way I was going to keep him from competing at the conference meet. We have a family history with gymnastics and now it is JB's turn to shine. My other son BB was the 2004 Varsity Conference Champion and the 2004 USA High School National Champion on rings. BB still hold the national record with a score of 9.9 and the schools record of 9.7



Jacob is the 2008 JV Conference High Bar Champion out of 46 places. If some one would of told me I would have a son who is a high bar champ I would of said they are nuts. For many years I have watched our team on the high bar with my eyes closed most of the time because they were not very good and got hurt a lot. This year the high bar team is outstanding and they did a great job.

Debbi
dubiquilts@dubiquilts.com (email)
©2006 - 2008 DubiQuilts

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and brag, proud Mama. When I was in high school I was a helper for the gymnastic and wresting teams. Going to the meets was alot of fun so I know you are having a blast watching your kids compete.

Granny Fran said...

It makes me feel good to see those clean cut young athletes. Congratulations, proud Mother. I remember watching my oldest daughter in her gymnast days, now she's a grandmother, but she still keeps in great shape. It would be great if Kaylee followed in Gramma's footsteps.

swooze said...

Good for him! I hope he heals quickly!

julieQ said...

Congratulations to your son! Great job...I have been wondering how you are feeling! Sunshine helps, as you mentioned in your post below.